INTRODUCTORY PRESENTATION AND GENERAL CONTENTS
The course aims to combine general and theoretical knowledge and skills useful to design interventions in the educational, social and health
The course aims to combine the general and theoretical knowledge and skills needed to design interventions in the educational, social and health fields with the tools and methodologies of animation theatre, understood in the traditional sense and with the use of new technologies.
The course consists of four modules divided into a series of lessons and activities covering general knowledge and propaedeutics (module 1), the history of puppetry, writing and storytelling techniques (module 2), applications in the educational, social and medical-health fields (module 3), other animation theatre techniques (module 4).
The course is designed to offer the cognitive and methodological tools of animation theatre to people wishing to work as educators, social and/or health workers. In particular, the course aims to:
- To provide knowledge and theoretical-practical skills in which animation theatre becomes a possibility of intervention in the social, educational and medical-health field for the growth of the person and psychological well-being at every stage of life.
- To provide the knowledge and skills to design educational interventions in which animation theatre is a new educational language for intervention in problematic and discomfort contexts.
- To provide the theoretical and practical basis for using animation theatre tools and methodologies through new technologies.
- Building and enhancing collaborations between experts from the world of education, training and health with experts in animation and drama and digital technologies to promote processes of inclusion and social cohesion of individuals, groups and relevant organisations and communities.
The course consists of 260 hours of which:
- 236 hours of frontal teaching and practical workshops
- 24 hours for internship and project implementation
The registration fee for the course is 600 euros.
It is possible to participate as auditors in single modules of the course. Participation in one module of the course is possible on payment of € 400, while participation in two modules is possible on payment of € 500.
Estimated starting date: 3 March 2017
Timetable of classes: from the beginning of March to the end of June, every Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Class composition: minimum number 16, maximum number 50
Possible selection method: motivational interview with a commission composed of 3 members of the Scientific Committee.
Attendance: 60% of the lessons must be attended.
Final test: realisation of a project at an external body/structure with a tutor.
Estimated end date: 18 June
The course is addressed to all those who want to develop a vision and practical skills necessary for group and individual interactions and who want to acquire new languages, also digital, for educational projects in situations of social action, in atypical conditions and discomfort, in an inclusive context and universal accessibility.
High school diploma.
PLACES WHERE THE ACTIVITIES ARE ACTUALLY CARRIED OUT
Palazzo Dossetti university campus, Sarzi Foundation premises, Loris Malaguzzi International Centre and a theatre to be identified.
Department of Education and Human Sciences
OTHER COURSE PROMOTERS
Reggio Children Foundation
Sarzi Family Foundation
I Teatri di Reggio Emilia Foundation
I burattini della Commedia - Cultural Association FarStudium regiense foundation
Studio Baldi Foundation Municipality of Reggio Emilia Municipality of Modena Onlus Human Arts